So I took Lydia to the doctor today for her 4 month well check. I was excited to see how much she had grown and to hear the doctor say; "She looks great! Keep doing what your doing." But he didn't say that today. Apparently, Lydia hasn't gained any weight since her last visit. So the first thing the doctor asked me is; "Are you losing weight?" Isn't that the question all women what to hear? Somehow it wasn't as flattering today. It seems as if my milk is thinning...dramatically. The doctor said this could be because of stress, lack of sleep, or loss of weight. So he told me I need to eat less fruits and veggies and eat more carbs and protein. The ironic thing about this advice is that I have no desire to eat more carbs and protein. It isn't because I want to loose those last 10 lbs...it just doesn't sound good at all. Daniel is jealous... because of his high cholesterol he needs to eat more salads but would prefer Lasagna every night. Oh the irony. So thus begins the efforts to beef Lydia up. She seems happy despite the fact that we are starving her and the doctor said developmentally she looks good. It is hard to believe she is 4 months old already. She is so beautiful and I love holding her, especially when she looks up at me with those beautiful blue eyes that say; "I love you mom!" Lydia--I love you too and am so glad you came to our home!
Claire’s eyes
2 months ago


4 comments:
I can't believe she's already 4 months old! She looks a lot like Eliza and I just can't wait to hold her!
She is beautiful! It will be so exciting to see all of you in just a couple weeks!!
Your girls are so gorgeous!
Happy Momma's day!
Hey it must be a born in Jan. weighing 8 lbs baby thing not to gain much weight. Isaac is weighing in at a huge 11 lbs, and is now having rice cereal added to his bottle, crazy. She is such a cutie.
Post a Comment