Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. We celebrated Daniel's birthday on Friday. It was a bit of a busy day with Seminary, changes at work, and school that night. But he made it home in time for cake with the girls. Happy Birthday Daniel...we love you!

2. Our Thanksgiving was wonderful but uneventful...no pictures and very little accomplished but Daniel did let me go shopping on Black Friday...loved it!

3. QOTD: I was finishing up Lydia's stocking when I said; "Girls did you know that Santa is going to come on Christmas and fill your stockings with toys and presents?"
Liesel: "Oooooooh, that's so nice!"

4. I have been up to my neck in projects...making pajamas for the girls and their babies, working frantically on our gift for the lucky member(s) of my family who's name we drew, finishing stockings, shopping, finishing my Christmas cards (sorry for the delay...our printer broke), and it seems like more are added everyday. I think I over book myself at Christmas.

5. Daniel's job title changed again on Friday. He is now a Sales Associate at the Bluffs. Anyone you know looking for a town home in Colorado Springs? We are really grateful to still be employed and are so grateful for the Lord's kindness to us.

6. We got our Christmas tree on Saturday and the girls are thrilled. Our candy canes only made it two days and only the top half of the tree is decorated (Lydia can't keep away) but we love the sent it brings and the girls love to plug in the lights.

7. Daniel now only has a week and a half of school and we are thrilled. He has worked so hard and has been so consistent through the past year and a half. He deserves a great vacation.

8. Vacation you say...coming right up. We head for Andrew's wedding and a visit to Disney Land as soon as class is over on the 17ht! Any Disneyland survival tips?

9. We were so grateful to watch the Christmas Devotional on Sunday. You can watch it here.

10. Neglected to lock up my craft closet today and now have embossing powder and stamp pad ink dotting my bedroom carpet. Does anyone have any bright ideas of removing that?

6 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel! Mike's a December baby too. :) So he moved from marketing to sales?!? That's a bit of a culture shock. ;o)

Disneyland!!! How fun!!

For the carpet, I absolutely LOVE a product called Folex. My friend also uses it for laundry. Great stuff!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Dan! I can identify with the bottom half of the CHristmas tree looking a little out of balance with the top:) I also have ink pad all over our office floor. Most of it came out when I had the carpets cleaned. Counting down the days to Disney!

Megan said...

Disneyland tips: Take snacks and be ready for crowds. Christmas time is crazy in Disneyland. Also I use Spot Shot on the carpet. Works well but smells so be prepared. Enjoy your vacation!

Britney and Seth said...

I just love your Ten on Tuesday posts.. Happy Birthday Daniel! A new job - busy busy..Jill - I ran into your Brother Dan.. actually I cleaned his teeth a few weeks ago .. great to have seen him.. we talked about you most the time.. Anyway miss you.. and Merry Christmas!

Vaughn said...

I love reading your blog, Jill. You guys are great and deserve the best. We're praying for you. Tell Daniel good luck finishing school. As for the carpet, I'm stuck. Sorry. Hairspray?...

Laura said...

I loved your Christmas card Jill. Very creative and cute! And no wonder you love June babies...congratulations! And it turns out Jenete is due 2 days after me. When are you due?