1. I have been sewing like a mad women lately to finish some baptismal clothing I am making for our ward. Today I finished two of the 10 outfits we are making. It was a big success and most of the thanks goes to my mother who's tela-sewing lessons really saved the day.
2. Peter seems to be looking a bit better. Here are some before & after pics. He still gets bright red some days but the bumpy rash has subsided.
3. Liesel and Lydia have taken to playing house all day long. Often Lydia will be yelling for Mommy and when I reply she will say..."No pretend Mommy!" I don't know how long Liesel will manage to be 'Mommy' but it certainly frees up my schedule.
4. Eliza is becoming a different kind of care giver. Today I found her putting Peter's Vaseline all over her teddy bear.
5. We got a new bishop in our ward on Sunday. It was quite an exciting day. Daniel has already been put to work and I am sure to be released soon since the Bishop's wife is the Primary President I work under. It will be two years next month serving in Primary and I am mourning the loss of teaching Sharing Time already.
6. QOTD: (As I am trying to get the girls to come down stairs and play so I can keep an eye on them.) Me: You aren't playing in the bathroom are you? Eliza: NEVER!
7. We hit the Free Day at the Denver Zoo last week. It was SO fun. It always feels wonderful to just enjoy the park rather than 'get your money's worth' out of it.
8. Got my phone bill the other day and it was 5 times the expected amount. I am learning to record everything these days.
9. Been trying to watch some of the Olympics on the Internet. Eliza is convinced that the figure skaters are Princesses and she wants to grow up to be one of them.
10. Been searching for some new snack ideas. I found a fun Chex Mix I hadn't tried yet. You can see it here. Have any snack favorites? I would love to hear about them.




3 comments:
Our girls like to play in the bathroom as well, much to my shagrin. I wish their was a way to keep them out when they want to play, but still have them able to get in to use the potty (without having to find mom.) I always love to read your lists.
Love the update. and I'm so glad Peter is doing better. Cute Cute Cute photos and adorable kids! Can't wait to see you guys:)
Hi, I am a friend of Des's from MI. My husband is also doing a phd at MSU. We would love more MSU mormon friends! If you need any info, let me now. I can tell you about a few housing places. It looks as though you have a few kids so finding enough room without buying may be tricky! We have a 1 1/2 yr old boy named Peter! That is funny. And a girl who is 3.
email me
rebeccawjones@gmail.com
Thanks and hope to help.
Rebecca
Post a Comment