Thursday, April 3, 2008

'Pretend' Play

Here is a quick snap-shot of our house at 6:30 every morning!
Dad is usually reading in the Living Room unless he is already gone (or teaching seminary)
Liesel is eating--unless someone hasn't got her out of her crib yet...in which case she is yelling...and Eliza is here...trying to wake me up.
This morning I saw Eliza set up this scene with the little girl by the mom in bed and then she proceeded to yell "WAKE UP MOM...WAKE UP MOM...MOM!" Is it really considered 'pretend' play if it is exactly like real life? I sure wish this room didn't always look like this so early in the morning.
Luckily Lydia and I are kindred spirits and would both stay in bed until at least 8am if we could.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

That was a darling post and I agree with you I would stay in bed until 8 every morning if I could!!

Emily said...

TEE HEE! Ben was up at 5:30 yesterday- 5:30!!!! Now I know why my Mom and Dad were so eager to wake us up at the crack of dawn when we were teenagers and wanted to sleep in- they were just getting back at us. I have to admit, I'm looking forward to doing that to Ben some day.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I just found your blog from Ashlee's so I thought I'd write a little comment. Your girls are absolutely beautiful! I haven't looked through everything yet, but, if it's okay, I'm going to link you to mine!