Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ten on Tuesday—Parenthood

I got this idea from SaraThe top ten things that adventurous parents should know…here are mine.

1. The words to all the fun primary songs like; “Popcorn Popping,” “I’m all Made of Hinges,” and of course “Snowman!”
2. How to shape anything out of play-dough.
3. All the rest stops between you and Grandma.
4. How to make household chores into a game.
5. The never-fail going to bed routine.
6. How to communicate ideas to your spouse before telling your children (i.e. Spelling the words “P-A-R-K,” “F-R-I-E-S,” and “T-R-E-A-T-S”)
7. How to make Cool Aid, chocolate milk, and all the other cool kid drinks.
8. The perfect hiding spot for kid treats and adult treats.
9. How to get through the grocery store check out line without buying any candy.
10. How to get marker off walls, sheets, doors, and sisters.

Obviously I don’t have any of these down, but perhaps someday I will be an expert. So what are your TOP TEN? Post them in the comments or on your own blog…I can’t wait to read them!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Funny story about #6 (spelling things). Lately whenever Scott and I do that Jacob starts to sing the ABC's song--as if to say, "Hey, look, I know letters too!"
Great list, Jill!

*LaUrA* said...

1. How to spot a tantrum brewing and stop it before it gets out of control.

2. How to make things seems like your child's (and at other time your husband's)idea...when we all know we are the geniuses who came up with it!

3. How to keep your child occupied (and sitting if at all possible)for an hour at church.

4. Know where the coolest parks are and go there often.

5. Know how to diffuse a situation before it boils over (meaning, pulling Carter away from another child right before he smacks him in the face)

There is just a few of mine. I liked your ideas and trying to come up with my own. Gosh you have such a cute family!!

Laura said...

Thanks for the birthday message! You know, I've always done the same thing...thought about you all day long every October 8th. You have always been such a good friend. I'm so glad to be back in touch with you!

Emily said...

So fun and sooo true! I love all of yours. I need to put my thinking cap on for mine.

Emily said...

Okay, I finished mine- They're on my blog. Thanks for the fun idea!

Jesy said...

Ha ha.... Hi Jill!

I was snickering pretty good as I read that Post... We're at the "spelling things out" stage. And even there... we're getting dangerously close to getting caught!

It's good to see you on the blog site! I still find it crazy that you live here in the Springs and I worked with your husband at one point! How funny. Such a small world!

Come by my store sometime and say hi! It's one block East of Academy on North Carefree.

*~ Jesy May ~*