Monday, August 6, 2007

Canning















While I was home for a few weeks last month, my mom got me this great pressure cooker from the D.I. Since I have been home I have bottled two batches of my very own, home grown, beans. It feels so good to begin becoming self-reliant. Thanks mom for the cooker and for all the help along the way!

3 comments:

Leisel said...

Way to go. I have yet to tackle canning. I'd love to, but for some reason, it makes me feel totally out of my league (and, it'd probably help to have the proper equipment).

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

rachel said...

I'm never going to measure up with you!! I just got the breadmaking down and now you're on to canning your own home grown vegetables?!? Maybe next summer I'll work on the actual growing something and then the year after that, I'll actually can something. At least I'll have a good teacher, right?? :)

Daniel said...

Well there isn't much more attractive than a woman with her pressure cooker. Nicely done on the garden this year.
Love,
Daniel